Not many words are needed to express the awesomeness of the new “On This Day” rotating feature on Facebook, so I’ll keep this short. Basically, when you are on a Like page, or another Facebook page which isn’t your own, Facebook will rotate through a section on the right hand side of the page titled “On This Day.” This section shows the logged in account what they posted “On this day” in a particular year. As of now I have only noticed an “On This Day” post from a year ago, but they may go further back. Take a look at the “On This Day in 2010” post I viewed today!
The new feature can be both a comedic blessing, and a tragic curse. Finding an “On This Day” like the one I found today brought back some nice memories and added a smile to my face, but I can think of a few posts I am dreading to see.
…and they are:
- I’m telling you, the Cleveland Cavaliers won’t lose more than 4 games straight.
- I’m soooo stoked for the Green Lantern movie. There’s no way it’s not amazing!
- This lump on my testicle will go away soon. (Why did I write this on Facebook?)
- Ok, this time I’m not mess’n round! There is no way the Cavs will lose more than 13 games straight.
- Borders will bounce back. Guarantee.
- Quote me: Obama will not give into the Republicans anymore.
- Fact. The Cavs will not lose more than 20 games straight.
- I’m so bummed that hardly anyone will see this amazing Nyan Cat video. Oh well.
- USA Mens Soccer is up 2 to zero over Mexico! We’ve got this one in the bag!
- God if you make the Cavs win, and not lose their 27th straight, I will become a true believer and donate my time at an old folks home…to help with the old people bathing. Swear to you!