Welcome to Wpromote’s Search Engine Optimization guides! These guides are here to help educate you on the ins and outs of what SEO is. Since its early inception around twenty years ago, SEO has been cast in a wide variety of lights from science to sorcery and everything in between. In truth, the goal of SEO is to make a website better for both users and search engines (but primarily users; always keep that in mind).
While search engine optimization is a relatively new offshoot of Internet marketing, like the Internet, it has grown and evolved over the years to encompass many forms of marketing beneath its umbrella. The most basic SEO is made up of two primary factors:
- On-Site SEO – This involves creating content, altering tags, improving navigation and usability, and much more. Whenever any kind of improvement involves changing the website directly, it’s on-site SEO we’re discussing.
- Off-Site SEO – While in years past, this may have referred to “link building” or “link buying,” this has since become a far more useful and diverse method of marketing. Now, off-site SEO includes creating content that people will want to share with their friends over their own websites and social media, such as infographics, promotions, contests, scholarships, and so on.
There are many more factors that go into successful SEO, and also other types of related Internet marketing we’ll be talking about in our guides. This includes:
- Local SEO – If you’re a business with a physical location (or several), having focused, targeted local results is a major key to success.
- Creative – This includes the ever-increasing need for creatively designed things like infographics, which are becoming more and more important for off-site SEO.
- Social Media Marketing – Social media has become a massively powerful force in Internet marketing. From gaining Likes on Facebook to retweets on Twitter, engaging with your audience in an open and honest manner is more important than ever.