Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Toyota, Verizon, Dickies, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 100% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Generous PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Food Truck Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! Our professional masseuse comes twice a week, and on other days, we have electric full body massage chairs. They do the job.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting monthly and year end close with a significant focus around revenue recognition to meet GAAP requirements. The ideal candidate will be extremely hands-on and detail oriented as well as someone who loves finding a “needle in a haystack.” Audit experience is important. We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills who is an entrepreneur at heart!
You Will Be
- Ensuring compliance with revenue recognition requirements per GAAP
- Measuring and documenting project percentage of completion
- Making credit card bookings and reconciliations
- Calculating and entering journal entries and maintaining supporting records and files
- Supporting monthly close process
- Reviewing and reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with annual audit
- Answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Working with outside accountants on business tax preparation
- Preparing quarterly bank covenant calculations
- Working closely with finance team and departmental managers
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Meeting work deliverable timelines
- Helping shape process and controls
You Must Have
- CPA required
- 7-10+ years experience
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 605 and 606
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills to work with all levels of management
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Mavenlink and Harvest
- Strong Excel and Google apps skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- A positive attitude