As an Associate Director of Media Strategy, you will serve as a key strategy lead within the agency, partnering with clients to address their business objectives through thoughtful integrated marketing strategy. You will set the strategic vision across paid media channels, inclusive of media mix, audience strategy, creative strategy and measurement, working closely with channel teams to bring the strategy to life and with Client Services to build and maintain strong client relationships.
This role is dynamic and combines extreme ownership and autonomous decision-making, client-facing, boardroom presence, and thoughtful, collaborative internal strategic planning and problem solving to ensure, as a team and a company, we are continuing to grow.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through policies like unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays year round, flexible schedules, work from anywhere options, 100% paid parental leave, and 401(k) matching. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
*If you reside in Colorado, please click this link to view Colorado compensation information and apply for this role. Residents of all other states are encouraged to apply to this posting. Compensation packages for employees and applicants outside Colorado may differ from the Colorado compensation information and are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate and location, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, education and certifications, and geographic location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
**This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
***This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Developing a deep understand of client businesses, industries and competition
- Participating in planning and strategy sessions with clients to understand KPIs, business goals and marketing goals
- Leading the development of cross-channel media strategies across Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic (Display, Video, OTT, Audio, DOOH), inclusive of media mix, budget allocation, audience architecture, creative strategy, KPI development and measurement frameworks
- Leading collaboration of the Wpromote internal channel teams on the execution of strategy
- The steward of budget for all paid media dollars, leading in-going media mix budget allocations, in-flight re-allocations based on performance and proposing plans for incremental and claw back scenarios
- Reviewing in-flight performance, ensuring teams are optimizing to target KPIs and proposing strategy pivots based on performance
- Leading client performance calls with cross-channel insights
- Promoting an environment of campaign progression through the ownership of testing frameworks, in partnership with channel teams
- Leading marketing and business forecasting exercises for clients
- Ensuring proper creative and analytics team collaboration to deliver successful media campaigns
- Partnering with Client Services to develop frameworks for business reviews, leading the storytelling of cross-channel insights
- Providing client and industry-specific thought leadership
- Driving strategic ideation and innovation across your clients and within the organization, facilitating new channel exploration and new partner RFPs
- Assisting the sales team on pitches for prospective paid media clients
You Must Have
- 4-6 years of experience working in paid media advertising comprising of media activation, multi-channel experience preferred (search, social, programmatic)
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing and reporting on paid campaigns across brand and performance objectives
- Led cross-channel client engagements with minimal oversight
- Strong experience working closely with a given client’s additional agency partners
- Experience working with analytics teams on granular program tracking and performance dashboard creation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, or related field