We’re looking for a Director of Communications to join Wpromote’s internal marketing team to develop the next phase of the agency’s communications strategy, grow Wpromote’s media footprint, and drive awareness of Wpromote’s position as a leader in the marketing industry. You’ll be reporting into our Head of Content and Communications and working closely with agency leadership and the broader marketing team to strengthen Wpromote’s brand narrative and thought leadership.
You’ll also identify opportunities for press placement and promotion, build and maintain strong relationships with top-tier publications, develop and pitch stories, and execute on assets to support the overall media relations strategy. The right candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about the fast-moving digital marketing industry, an experienced PR leader, and an exceptional written and verbal communicator.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through our policies and benefits listed below. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
-Half-day Fridays year round
-Challenger Recharge week (Summer)
-Extended Holiday break (Winter)
-Work from anywhere options*
-100% paid parental leave
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet Insurance
-Sponsored life insurance
-Short Term Disability insurance and additional voluntary insurance
-LinkedIn Learning Membership and more!
The anticipated annual salary for this role will range from $110,000 – $140,000, based on consideration of a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education and certifications, competitive benchmarks, scope of responsibility, market dynamics, geographic location, and respective state’s salary threshold for exempt employees. The total compensation package for this role will include benefits (listed above).
*This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
**This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be:
- Collaborating with leadership on Wpromote’s brand narrative and market positioning
- Leading media planning for Wpromote-owned events, thought leadership, agency announcements, partnership highlights, proprietary research, and client/agency wins
- Identifying key publications and events for PR outreach and placement and developing an outreach strategy
- Building relationships with third-party publications, reporters, and thought leaders in the space and industry to generate and maximize press opportunities with first-tier publications
- Creating a speaker strategy for key leaders and placing speakers into organic opportunities at relevant industry events and conferences
- Executing press releases and participating in GTM functions for new Wpromote offerings
- Pitching stories and maintaining ongoing relationships with key members of the press at target publications
- Building relationships with clients and their Wpromote teams to surface case studies and open client contacts to external publications and events
- Overseeing awards submission strategy to optimize for critical wins
- Participating in analyst relations projects as a key point of contact and building positioning for upcoming research
- Developing internal comms strategy in partnership with the exec team, people operations, and other key stakeholders
You Must Have:
- 8+ years experience in public relations or marketing
- 3+ years experience in a leading PR, communications, or media relations organization
- Expertise in building long-term relationships with journalists and media outlets and pitching stories
- Proven project management skills working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, multiple stakeholders, external vendors, and partners
- Data-driven mentality, with expertise in tracking, analyzing, and reporting on the performance of comms initiatives to inform strategic decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrable ability to identify new angles and develop innovative storytelling
- Experience with Asana or other task management platforms
- Experience with Google Suite