The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for managing delivery on our e-commerce accounts while partnering closely with our Front End and Back End Development teams. This person is mainly responsible for performing detailed requirements analysis and documenting processes to enable a smooth website build from initiation through production. This is a hybrid role, where you will be able to wear several hats: program/project manager; product owner; business analyst; and QA. To succeed in this role, you should possess a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users, along with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will interact frequently with clients, assess requests, assign resources as necessary, and troubleshoot configurations.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through policies like unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays year round, flexible schedules, work from anywhere options, 100% paid parental leave, and 401(k) matching. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
*If you reside in Colorado, please click this link to view Colorado compensation information and apply for this role. Residents of all other states are encouraged to apply to this posting. Compensation packages for employees and applicants outside Colorado may differ from the Colorado compensation information and are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate and location, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, education and certifications, and geographic location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
**This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
***This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Conducting internal and external meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings from Discovery/requirements gathering sessions
- Performing requirements analysis and responsible for advising the customer on their digital roadmap
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts through Monday.com tasks, Gantt charts, project plans, weekly status reports, and internal JIRA tickets
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports, such as status reports/dashboards, technical diagrams, business workflows, budget burndowns, etc.
- Working closely with clients, developers, client-side project managers, and account managers
- Prioritizing initiatives and ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Managing competing resources and monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
You Must Have
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional services environment, with agency experience strongly preferred
- Technical skills and web/e-commerce experience
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong EQ (empathy), conscientiousness, and professionalism
- The ability to create detailed reports and presentations and communicate the information effectively to non-technical audiences
- Competency in Google Workspace and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or related field