Wpromote is growing rapidly and looking for a Director of People to join our People team. The Director of People is a critical leadership role reporting to the Vice President of People. Wpromote is a remote-first workplace, however there is preference for this role to be located in the Central or Mountain time zones.
This role’s scope will focus on the most critical components of supporting Wpromote’s employees throughout the employee lifecycle. You’ll be a strategic adviser on a wide range of needs related to people, a high performing culture and organizational effectiveness. You will be a partner to leadership, managers, and an ally to all employees. You will partner with cross-functional Business Unit Leaders to build and execute exciting programs and strategies that drive our business forward as we evolve, develop and cultivate our people and our culture.
Along with other members of the People Operations team, you will create and cultivate an inclusive employee experience. You will be hands-on, and able to flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader that provides coaching, support, and development to members of the People Operations team, and with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through policies like unlimited PTO, a 4.5-day workweek, flexible schedules, work from anywhere options, 100% paid parental leave, and 401(k) matching. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
*If you reside in Colorado, please follow this link to view Colorado compensation information and apply for this role. Residents of all other states are encouraged to apply to this posting. Compensation packages for employees and applicants outside Colorado may differ from the Colorado compensation information and are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate and location, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, education and certifications, and geographic location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
*This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
**This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Leading a People Operations team and actively contributing to your direct report’s development by leading and coaching
- Serve as a mentor to other members of our People Operations team
- As a member of the People leadership team, have an ownership mentality when it comes to the overall vision, mission and goals of Wpromote
- Responsible for leveraging HR data and analytics that allow us to ensure we’re making the best people decisions while moving at speed
- Design, implement and own people policies & procedures, the onboarding and offboarding experience, employee relations, training and talent development programs, and change management
- Own the delivery and measure effectiveness of several core HR processes and programs
- Work with People Operations leadership and business unit leaders to develop compensation plans in to attract, reward, retain, and engage employees
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure we attract top talent and remain and employer of choice
- Partner with business unit leaders to design and implement career development plans and performance management plans that provide opportunities for growth, acquisition of new skills and develop the future leaders of Wpromote
- Serve as a trusted advisor, operational executor and consultative business partner
- Partner with our Employee Resource Groups Advisory Boards to drive our DE&I efforts
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements across all states Wpromote operates in to minimize risk and exposure to the company
- Collaborate with team members and across functions to develop, document, and implement new programs, processes, events, and initiatives
- Help create standardized metrics and evaluation processes across people programs to ensure a data-driven approach when evaluating and addressing needs
- Support our team’s efforts to build and continuously improve on our remote-first culture; act as a key stakeholder in Wpromote’s ‘The Future of Work’ initiatives
- Find opportunities to evolve and efficiently scale our people processes to enhance the employee experience in a way that uses self-service, automation, tools, and technology
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals
You Must Have
- 7+ years of HR experience
- Prior experience managing a team and a passion for developing others
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and procedures and broad knowledge of the various functional areas within a people organization
- Demonstrated experience solving complex employee relations issues
- Change agent – someone who initiates and implements continuous improvements while bringing others along on the journey
- Managerial Courage: ability to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with empathy and poise
- Skilled at building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization
- Can move fluidly between tactical execution and strategic thinking
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and integration of teams and cultures
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Comfort with ambiguity, autonomy, and figuring out what needs to be done and then taking action
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, compliance & policy management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Passionate about providing an extraordinary experience for employees at all levels