As a Director of Media Strategy, you will serve as a key strategy lead within the agency, partnering with clients to address their business objectives through thoughtful integrated marketing strategy. You will set the strategic vision across paid media channels, inclusive of media mix, audience strategy, creative strategy and measurement, working closely with channel teams to bring the strategy to life and with Client Services to build and maintain strong client relationships.
This role is dynamic and combines extreme ownership and autonomous decision-making, client-facing, boardroom presence, and thoughtful, collaborative internal strategic planning and problem solving to ensure, as a team and a company, we are continuing to grow.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through our policies and benefits listed below. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
-Half-day Fridays year round
-Challenger Recharge week (Summer)
-Extended Holiday break (Winter)
-100% paid parental leave
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet Insurance
-Sponsored life insurance
-Short Term Disability insurance and additional voluntary insurance
-LinkedIn Learning Membership and more!
The anticipated annual salary for this role will range from $110,000 – $135,000, based on consideration of a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education and certifications, competitive benchmarks, scope of responsibility, market dynamics, geographic location, and respective state’s salary threshold for exempt employees. The total compensation package for this role will include benefits (listed above) and an annual performance bonus.
This role has an associated annual target bonus component which is paid out based on a number of factors which include Company performance, department performance, and individual performance. Bonuses are not guaranteed and you must be an active employee in good standing and not on a Performance Improvement Plan to be eligible for the annual bonus.
***This role is a hybrid in-office position (You will need to commute into Beverly Hills 1-2x a week)
**This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Developing a deep understand of client businesses, industries and competition
- Spearheading planning and strategy sessions with clients to understand KPIs, business goals and marketing goals
- Driving the development of cross-channel media strategies across Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic (Display, Video, OTT, Audio, DOOH), inclusive of media mix, budget allocation, audience architecture, creative strategy, KPI development and measurement frameworks
- Leading collaboration of the Wpromote internal channel teams on the execution of strategy
- The steward of budget for all paid media dollars, leading in-going media mix budget allocations, in-flight re-allocations based on performance and proposing plans for incremental and claw back scenarios
- Reviewing in-flight performance, ensuring teams are optimizing to target KPIs and proposing strategy pivots based on performance
- Leading client performance calls with cross-channel insights
- Promoting an environment of campaign progression through the ownership of testing frameworks, in partnership with channel teams
- Leading marketing and business forecasting exercises for clients
- Ensuring proper creative and analytics team collaboration to deliver successful media campaigns
- Partnering with Client Services to develop frameworks for business reviews, leading the storytelling of cross-channel insights
- Providing client and industry-specific thought leadership
- Driving strategic ideation and innovation across your clients and within the organization, facilitating new channel exploration and new partner RFPs
- Assisting the sales team on pitches for prospective paid media clients
You Must Have
- 6-8 years of experience working in paid media advertising comprising of media activation, multi-channel experience preferred (search, social, programmatic)
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing and reporting on paid campaigns across brand and performance objectives
- Experience leading cross-channel client engagements with minimal oversight
- Experience working closely with a given client’s additional agency partners on integrated strategy, planning, and measurement
- Experience working with analytics teams on granular program tracking and performance dashboard creation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, or related field