We’ve got a hot new Tues News for the New Year and it’s chalk full of interesting new studies and information. Did you see that? I just used some version of “new” four times in a single sentence! Looks like I can cross that off my New Year’s resoutions:
- Get a six pack (abs or Coke Zero)
- Invent hoverboard
- Use “new” four times in a sentence
Anyway, we at Wpromote thought we’d take a moment and start the New Year off with some of the more interesting points of info and news; let’s get going:
- Is Yahoo messing with your search marketing account without your knowledge? MarketingPilgrim calls attention to a frightening new trend at Yahoo, voicing grave concern as well as sardonic criticism.
- Have you tried content or display advertising yet? If so, have you been discouraged by high cost/conversion data? Well, maybe it’s time to give it another try because recent studies show that display advertising has a positive effect on your search campaign that ties indirectly to your overall ROI.
- Remember when Google was getting all kinds of flak for cooperating with China earlier in 2008? Well, it seems that your privacy isn’t the only thing you should be concerned about when Google and China get to talking. China is now pressing for Google to remove pornography from its search results, in China, at least.
Dom, who works in QuickList here at Wpromote said it best, “For a country that has a population of about 1.3 billion, the Chinese are quite the prudes.” Well said! Let’s hope that the smut fans over in China don’t get a raw deal this New Year.
Thanks for stopping by. Read up on and keep up with the online world; keep reading Tues News! Catch ya later!