What do you get when you combine a love for stats and a passion for email marketing? You get this email stat round-up! We took the most compelling data points from a recent eMarketer email marketing statpack and created the Cliff Notes version to guide the way you see the future of email in 2019. Here are the seven most important things you should know about email benchmarks and trends going into the new year.
- 80% of the US population will use email by 2022. Compare that to Facebook usage, which is around 68% of the US, and you can see how email is a truly ubiquitous channel that should be a part of your integrated success.
- 281.1 billion emails sent and received daily. Yes, that is a lot of email. But the more important takeaway is that you have to focus on how you can distinguish your communication through personalization and segmentation.
- US internet users ages 18-24 check email most often on a smartphone. We’ve known the importance of mobile for a while, but it’s now time to design first for the smartphone and second for desktop, particularly if your target market falls in or around that age group.
- After receiving a promotional email, approximately 25% of users take action. If that doesn’t inspire you to up your email game, what will?! You need to have a dedicated email strategy in 2019. Check out our promotional calendar for some fun inspiration.
- 99% of marketers use email or plan to use email in the future. From B2B lead-nurturing drips to B2C conversion-driving offers, email creates success. Don’t let your vertical or industry try to tell you differently.
- 93% of in-house marketers do basic segmentation or plan to implement in the next year. Stat update: that would be 100% of Wpromote email marketers.
- 44% of marketers said their email marketing effectiveness is improving. Give yourself a pat on the back if you can say the same, and give us a call if you can’t!